Friends of the Library is sponsoring a FREE painting event for adults! The event will be held at the Church of Christ on Saturday, February 27th at 1:00 and 3:00. Sign-ups end on February 11th. Please call the library or stop by to register.
Our all new Adventure Packs contain admission to a museum or activity for library patrons. They may also contain books, games, or a craft. The following are the guidelines for checking one out.
- You must be 18 years or older, a DPL cardholder, and you are the responsible party on the card.
- You may place a reserve on a pack, search “Adventure Pack” in our online catalog. You have 3 business days to pick up the pack.
- The loan is for one week(FIRM), no renewals. There is a $5.00 per day overdue fine. Replacement cost vary per pack. The pack must be returned to the desk during open hours. They CANNOT be put in the book drop.
- Each household may only have one pack checked out at a time. There is a 48-hour waiting period before the same pack may be checked out again.
- Passes may be limited to general admission only. Special exhibits may not be covered, and other restrictions may apply. Museums and the Library may change the terms and conditions of the passes at any time.
Monday, June 15th we will start Phase 4 of re-opening the library.
Normal hours will resume.
There will be 8 or less patrons allowed in the library at a time. We will have hand sanitizer for use upon arrival at the library. Please practice social distancing. Masks are not required but recommended.
Return items to the book drop or to the tub in front of the circulation desk.
Seating at tables will not be available and all newspapers, children's toys, etc. will be put away.
Three computers are available. There will be a one hour time limit on computers. They are available for adults only at this time.
We will also be doing copying and faxing.
You may still reserve books on line and have them delivered to your car if you are not comfortable coming into the library.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time!
Several vendors have provided temporary free access to online books and audio for all ages. Read as many books as you want, when you want, and on any device. There are no check-outs, holds, or bulky downloads. Books are available instantly!
Tumbleweed Press has generously provided us with statewide access to these five resources FREE through August 31, 2020.
– K-6 children’s ebooks
Elementary, Middle School and High school students have unlimited access to read books online from any device. There is no limit to the number of users who can access the books. Titles enter and exit the digital stream regularly, so there are always new picks available. (Logins may not be needed)
From Abdo: “We are giving FREE access to all of our eBooks and databases through June, 2020.“
Digital editions (requires free registration and email address)
Did you know that we have our very own author here at the library? If you come into the library on Saturdays you will see Hannah behind the counter. She has completed her first book and if you happened to have missed her book signing last month she still has copies available. We also have a copy in the library for patrons to check out.